Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What I am working on.

I've been working very diligently through my yarn stash this month trying to knit items with stuff I have. I just wanted to share with you one of the things I'm working on.

I bought this really cute, short sleeved cardigan a few Falls ago at Target, but  it's beginning to wear thin. I have yet to find anything that compares to it at a store that didn't cost a fortune. So, I went on Ravelry.com (by the way if you knit, and haven't checked this site out you should) to search for a replacement.

I found the Shalom Cardigan, by Meghan McFarlane and it is adorable! It's simple in it's design, but it is exactly what I was looking for. I have some very Autumnal colored yarn that I will be using, that is perfect for this. I will make some modifications though, I am very  large chested, so the cap like sleeves will only make my chest more pronounced. So I'm thinking 3/4 sleeves. Autumn in St. Louis is still warm, even in November you can still get some very mild temperatures, so I figure elbow length will be perfect. Here's the beginnings of my Shalom Cardigan.


As I am looking at this photo, I realize I may have to frog part of this, and try again, it's not matching up to original pattern...sigh.

I hope everyone is staying cool this evening. Now I have to go wake my husband up and see where he wants to go for dinner. I'm starving. Also I hope everyone is enjoying the new look of my blog. It's been an all day project.

No comments:

Post a Comment