Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday Shopping: Gotta Know When To Fold Em.

Origami- ori meaning "folding", and kami meaning "paper"

From cranes to icosahedron, I have been fascinated by origami for years now. However, I'm not very good at it myself. I can do simple things, but nothing compared to beautiful pieces others have done. So get that cup of tea, or coffee, and take a few minutes to browse these lovely shops, and see the wondrous things they have to offer.

I love the warm and cool colors in this. This would be gorgeous anywhere in a home.





 Giving one of these to someone would be better than any thank you.




I want a whole Christmas tree full of these, in various colors please! It reminds me of a kaleidoscope!



It certainly would be a Happy Birthday to the one who receives this card. It's so pretty!




What origami collection would be complete without the ever popular crane? 





Well I hope you've enjoyed this Saturday shopping trip, now go show these artists some love and attention!

Next week due to it being Christmas there will be no Saturday Shopping. I hope everyone has a great holiday and gets everything on their list.  Now I have to go finish making my Christmas cookies. Have a great day everyone.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are really beautiful!! I just discovered kirigami...folding paper and cutting out designs, kind of like paper snowflakes only more intricate. I can't wait to try it! I'm off to make cookies too!

    ReplyDelete